Thursday, January 6, 2011

What does Oldnag mean in German?

I have been mulling over creating a blog for some time now.  So, seeing as how I google everything... "how to start a blog".  Up comes blogger, I create a google account and all that.  Then I am asked to create a url for the blog and you can imagine my surprise - someone else is using the name Oldnag!  I have been using this name for close to 20 years now and I have never run across anyone using this name.  OUTRAGE!  The nerve!  Some guy writing a blog in German no less.  How does he come across the name Oldnag?  Is Oldnag actually a German word?  It probably means awesome dude in German and I've been using it all this time without knowing...

The purpose of my blog: I have got opinions about tons of stuff.  I can not figure out how everyone else in the world has survived up to now without knowing my opinions.  Frankly, it is a mystery to me.  I don't want the greater public to have to go one day more living their bleak, lost lives wondering what I might have to say about a certain subject.  Remedy: blog.

Now to think of something interesting to write...  Wouldn't you know it, the one time I need to go on an interesting rant about something and I come up empty handed.  Fear not - this never lasts long for me.  I plan to have completely ridiculous posts interspersed with thoughtful posts.  Is anyone going to be interested in that?  I would be surprised...pleasantly :)

2 comments:

  1. Oldnag is not a German word, and has no German translation. Old Nag in German is Alte Nag. (for if you ever want to translate your blog into German....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally pumped to be following along with you on this! Can't wait to read your rants and hang out with you in this way.

    I can't believe that someone stole your name...it is rough out here in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete